R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speedo, SP, GM, HB, Racing ...
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Danny-b23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
Hehe, thanks for the reply, so your saying that if I want to run mod in a few weeks, i shouldnt get the tekin ? What about speed passion or GM, they are dam beasts, but why do people now run them when LRP or NOSRAM used to be the favorite ? About tye ETS, people say that hara was wicked fast due to his GM speedo , does tye speedo and settings on speedo really change alot , or is it mainly down to the motor ?
In this day and age, being able to program your speed control for what you want it to do is more valuable than having top-notch hardware. I wouldn't doubt that Nosram/LRP has some of the best hardware out there, but they don't have the ability to change the little things that could mean a world of difference.

About Hara being so quick; I can't accurately answer that, having never tried a GM speed control. I would think that it was more down to how he had the unit setup as opposed to what he ran for a motor.

And yes, if you want to run Mod, I would suggest not getting the Tekin. It is not an easy task to get it to run quick and not overheat. The Speed Passion GT2.0 Pro and the GM would both be great choices.