R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 08:42 AM
PDX-Spike
Tech Master

Great post. Would like to see lots of knowledgeable responses on this one.

Originally Posted by Cammer
I have not raced 12 scale for a few years now and dropped out of it just due to the cost of chunking/peeling tires. I have read about 400 pages of this forum looking for a solid answers and would appreciate some help. I know Jaco calls my issue chunking but I never really lost a chunk so I always considered it a peel as the foam would tear and peel away from the rim. I also had this same issue with the CRC tires but have not used them for about five years and I understand they are the most resistant to tearing now. So tell me if I have this right.

Jaco - Decent wear, softer rim won't crack, compounds I know and tears the worst. Front bearing fit issues.
Parma - Same as Jaco now?
CRC - Less peeling but issues with rims cracking from impact.
Johns BSR - I would consider them an option if I knew how they performed
RC4Less - Well made, no peel issues but it looks like they are still using the small rim diameter and they are orange. lol
Xceed - Jaco rim, Jaco made?

I would also like some advice on gluing the sidewalls. Is their one type of CA that works better than others or even a different type of glue that works a little better. Any help you can give me would be appreciated before I spend my $150 on six sets for the season.

Cam