R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - looking to buy a 2wd shortcourse truck, but which one?
Old 05-18-2010, 07:04 PM
AreCee
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr fit
after more research, i will probably lean toward the sc10, it will probably be easier to get parts just in case of breakage. but i am really liking the blitz ese the one with kinda off-white chassis. but i think the kyosho is the least expensive. the kyosho comes with the aluminum body threaded shocks in the RTR. i guess i would have to go to some off-road tracks to see who is racing what and see what parts are the most available. thanks for your input.
The RTR shocks are threaded plastic but are real smooth if you rebuild them correctly. The caps and spring adjuster are aluminum (blue). Most people at the track thought they were the velvet shocks by the way my truck handles. The parts situation is really the only negative about Kyosho. I did add the CVDs because I hate dog bones not because it needed it. Also the only thing that went bad was the top shaft when it slipped but I was replacing it to install a brushless motor and got the extended spacer and longer shaft.

Other than tires and wheels that's it. I tried a buddy's SC10 and it felt nice too, a bit less steering but that may be how he set it up. He did modify the rear uprights to get about 3* of rear toe and threw a bunch of weight in the front and rear to get the bite and steering my USC has.