R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 06:47 PM
revrace
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by itsshemp
Looks like practice on Saturday?

If I can change my hours at work for Monday, I will be hitting up ARC this weekend. JBRL on Sundays is a killer for me. Have to be at work too early to be out till 10pm at night.

As for the light turnouts at ARC, seems to have dropped off quit a bit after the last series race there. A lot of things have been going on since then, and probably many different reasons people are going other places. ARC had a great run of action for a long time. It just seems that the tide has turned a bit.

I always say, racers go where racers go. Some of the series races are also cheaper than some regular club race prices.
That is a perfect quote. People are still racing but we all like to "race" our RC cars, not just "drive" them. When Racers leave for whatever reason, we are left with a choice....go "drive" at our favorite track (ARC) or "race" at another track. Hopefully things will turn around for ARC as I don't think there is a better track in So Cal. The "other" track that Don V. is talking about is doing great because they promote all cars RC. Their attitude is......If you have an RC car, bring it out and race it. The 1/8 nitro scene there leaves a lot to be desired, but it seems to be building quite a good bit of steam.

Oh, and yes practice is all day Saturday @ ARC.