R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Noob Question ... Stuck and/or Not Responding to Controls
Old 05-18-2010, 12:57 PM
theknight571
Tech Rookie

Default Noob Question ... Stuck and/or Not Responding to Controls

My son has an OFNA Ultra LX that is about a month old. (both of us are new to this hobby) He's gotten most of a gallon of fuel through it, and hasn't done anything with it but run it up and down the street... some dirt at the park, but mostly on the street.

It was running fine up until a few days ago, when the car just "ran off" at full speed.

He went and got it... restarted it... and it ran fine for the rest of the day.

The following day, the car "ran off" again... was fine for awhile... then "ran off" a third time. It was at this point he asked me what was happening.

I immediately thought that the batteries in either the controller or the receiver were bad... he'd been running it awhile and neither one of us know how long they would normally last, or what would happen when they wear out... so it seemed like a reasonable explanation.

We replaced the batteries in both receiver and controller and then started the car and the throttle got stuck (we were holding it.. so it didn't "run off" this time).

We stopped the car but from that point on the car doesn't respond to the controller at all... no steering, no gas... notta.

All connections are good, I know the batteries are fresh, etc.

So... I'm not sure what to do/check next.

Any help would be appreciated.