R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - looking to buy a 2wd shortcourse truck, but which one?
Old 05-18-2010, 05:37 AM
mr fit
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AreCee
The track I race at is almost all SC10 and a few Slashes. I have the only Kyosho and it's all a question of who makes the fewest mistakes. They're all good but if I break and don't have spares it's good-bye for now.

The Kyosho is sweet and requires very little to do out of the box. I would recommend filling the shocks and using Green Slime on the seals. The RTR tires are actually quite good and I use them in front with either JConcept Goosebumps or SubCultures or Pro-Line BowTies in back. The track allows that in open 27T/17.5 class. Since I'm using a 17.5 I changed the gearing to 78/24.
after more research, i will probably lean toward the sc10, it will probably be easier to get parts just in case of breakage. but i am really liking the blitz ese the one with kinda off-white chassis. but i think the kyosho is the least expensive. the kyosho comes with the aluminum body threaded shocks in the RTR. i guess i would have to go to some off-road tracks to see who is racing what and see what parts are the most available. thanks for your input.