R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Exceed 1/16 Max Stone?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 10:19 AM
itsahobby
Tech Rookie

hey guys, i just joined this forum when i was searching for maxstone discussions. i have the 1/10th scale maxstone and my brother has the 1/16th scale. they are ok crawlers for what you're spending. i got mine to screw around with in the backyard and out at the river near my house. i have an 88 bronco to do hardcore stuff in.

the day after i got mine, i broke the rear driveshaft. i made a new one out of metal. it has horrible torque flex also, i need to screw around with the shocks and fix it. the servo is also a POS, after a week some of the gears were gone.

the 1/16th scale seems to be ok. my brother hasnt broken anything on his that i know of. it's just really small, which has some advantages (a shorter wheelbase) but it has some disadvantages too.

i paid $167, including tax, at a local hobby shop for mine, i just spend $60 for a better servo and metal driveshafts, so now i'm in it $227. my advice would be to go get an axial, they can be had for ~$230 plus shipping, and you wont have to replace anything. parts are way easier to come by as well.