R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Trinity's new T-Spec Sedan Program
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2004, 10:24 AM
DerekB
Tech Master

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
You're comparing apples and oranges. This series isn't meant for the Dave Jun's of the world. (When did he run an F201 at the Reedy race, was it an exhibition race?)

I think the LHS that doesn't look at the person who is looking to get into the hobby and doesn't make suggestions would be rather negligent. I'm not saying that they should force someone to buy X-car, but there are ways to present the class as well. This is one of the reason's Tamiya is so big in our area. People see the benefits of running the cars in the regionals and nationals, along with the fact that they are pretty competitive cars (especially the Evo). It's a matter of properly qualifying your customer, suggesting 2-3 items that may suit their needs, then asking for the sale. Yes, it's a hobby, yes, you become friends with your customers, but it is first a business. There's nothing wrong with "selling" in a hobby shop. I would be less pissed off for someone in a shop selling someone a spec kit then I am when I see them sell some rookie a 9x1 and a super-duper 3300 pack just because the person said that's what they thought they wanted.

Damn, that way I don't get to buy you a pint the next time we're at the same race doing coverage together

I'm not arguing that it can't work, but there are always to different shoes to every subject.