R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic E4 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Wolf Hobbies
Tech Apprentice

We have been working hard at coming up with a good base setup for the 2010 Reedy Race at Norcal. We are VERY happy with what we have come up with. We have setups for Mod and Stock motor classes. Both of these setups are very neutral and predictable. They have been tested with the handout tire ;-) and work well whether the surface is sprayed or not. The ONLY complaint we have received from test drivers is that the cars are "too stuck". We consider this great because it is easy to give up stick but it is not always easy to get it without losing something at the other end of the car.

One note is that these were developed with the E4FS. We make no secret of the fact that we feel the FS is the most stable, versatile and competitive version of the E4. These setups will work just fine with the Limited Edition and RS. These setups have also been tried on another track and work great. I think we have a real good baseline setup for the E4XX that can at least be used as a baseline at any asphalt track. Even though they are not that different from each other the stock setup is crappy with the mod motor. I havent tried running the mod setup with a stock motor but it would be interesting to see how it works.

Another piece of good news is that Norcal is also enthusiastically supporting the E4. They have a good stock of kits and parts. We will also be there with parts and tech support.

The setup sheets will be posted on the E4FS and E4RS download sections on our web site. Unfortunately we have been trying to post them for 3 days and they just won't stay posted. Please email us directly and we will send you the setup sheet in PDF format. Just let us know if you want the stock or mod setup. Please feel free to email us directly with any questions. I don't get to check the PMs very often. See you at the Reedy.