R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 05:50 PM
dameetz
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tourer
I'm looking into the tamiya 53333 short springs I also feel that the rear needs 3deg toe as well I struggled at brooklands with the rear grip and has all the cars got a large amount off play around the layshaft spur gear pully?? Mine seems to be to much side to side movement used shims in kit

Also has anyone got a direct email address for 3 racing would realy like to comfrim that I can receive the correct springs and setup board asap
thanks again all happy racing
I do have 53333 and 42168 which are the same only difference is colour, my thought about the springs is its too soft for my liking.

2 areas that I needed to add shims 1) as you said the center shaft which I add 0.2mm on both side of the center pulleys. 2) under the bulkhead covers, for the front and rear, mine have to be added 0.3mm shims on all the 8 screws that bolted the cover. This is to free up the diff bearing from the tight pressure when you tighten the bulk head cover.

3racing's contact [email protected] I contacted them regarding the correct replacement springs and within the same day they posted it using EMS to me. Very good cs service.