R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:19 AM
ozzy-crawl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hi i am fairly new here (just getting back into rc cars) and was looking for information on the xerun 80a esc
i brought one and it has a black case and thought it maybe a older version
i havent got it yet but it didnt say version 2 just updated ezrun.
was there a version 1 that had a enclosed fan like the blue ones shown on the hobby wing site ?

i will throw my 2 cents in about batteries
first there is only a few places that actually make lipos, so the cheap are made at the same factory as the expensive ones in a lot of cases.
i run brushless boats,for those not familiar with FE they push motors,esc,batteries harder than any other rc vehicle.
in testing lipos using data loggers i have seen cheap lipos that have a 20c rating and 5000 mah capacity that could not sustain 20 amps constant
i have run setups were the data logger which will accurately read up to 180 amps wont go any higher,so its pulling in excess of 180 amps under load
and constant amp draw of around 160 amps
so for those that say they cant they can pull around 200 amps from a 5000 mah pack.
in some testing a friend of mine did he ran a rigger with a $300 battery his top speed was 76 mph he then tried a turnigy battery worth around $50
it ran a top speed of 73 mph,so the more expensive battry was faster but to me 3 mph for $250 is not a good deal.
imo there is a lot of difference between a cheap nasty pack and a cheap good pack
just because some thing costs 5 times the price doesn't make it 5 times as good.
its very easy with rc gear to get sucked into the " new model is better" crap that goes on