R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8T 2.0 RTR vs Hot Bodies D8T
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 12:56 PM
rcdude236
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by token
hahahahaha, ok, whats wrong with the RTR....... Most people run it and replace stuff as needed. The engine is not bad either, I hear alot of Pros run them for club races and practices....... Servos I covered already. I cant speak for what HE may or may not want need or even notice.

I think 90% of the people the RACE will acknowledge that the Losi 8T 2.0 RTR is the best deal out for a race proven out the box RTR..... And dont you need like 500 in hopups on the D8/D8T to get it to perform in the same class of the big dogs. Hummm, thats just what I see, and hear/heard from even HB drivers.

I just wont get a used setup, not sure where it has been and whats its been through.......
Im not saying anythings wrong with it but i think the hb is a better car even if you do spend say 300 dollars more. i spent like 1000 on mine and i love it. I had to spend 100 on a starter box so that cost me. The only problem i see with the 8ight rtr is that the chassis isnt as good as the d8t or the rc8t or the 8ight t kit cars and the servos. If you spend the extra 300-400 dollars now it will pay off in the long run. Imo. But it comes down to what he wants. Do what will make you happy because if you regret buying a car it will make this hobby a whole lot less fun. I wish you the best of luck on whatever car you buy.