R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FAO: LuisR and other FG Porsche owners...
Old 05-12-2010, 10:54 AM
LuisR
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Turbo
Thanks Luis. It was a quick fix, but because I have mounted my brakes through one of the holes in the chassis I had to cut the plates down on the front, and now now it takes even longer to switch between GT2 and GT3, but who cares.... I got it to fit! LOL

It is around 8mm front and 10mm rear. I do want to raise it up a bit. I haven't had a chance to test it yet as I sent my engine away.

What is the best way to set the ride height, do you use the droop screws to screw it down to the height you want or do it all on the shock?
The droop screws are for setting the rebound travel.
I first set the ride height with the springs, but be careful not to over-do the pre-load on the springs (by rotating the colar on the springs) which will tend the springs to be under too much pressure. Sometimes you can use different length springs to achieve different ride heights. What i am trying to get at is, lets say you endup squishing the rear spring to the max to get the ride height you want, by then you have too much preload on the springs.
The droop screws you can set how much travel in the rebound. For example
if you set the front ride height to 8mm and droop in the front to 2mm. That means that when you lift the front end and just before the front wheels start to go up in the air (no surface contact) your ride height at that point is 10mm. I usually use low droop in the front and greater in the rear (1-3mm in the front and 5-10mm in the rear). The greater droop in the rear help on the weight transfer to the front during braking.
I hope this helps.