R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 08:02 AM
Casper
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77
I SUCKED THIS WEEKEND RACING, I DONY KNOW WHAT IT WAS? MY FRIEND RACED HIS TEKON CHASSIS ON HIS CAR AND HE WAS 3 SEC FASTER ALL OVER THE TRACK. THEN IN THE MAIN I STRIPPED A 45 TOOTH SPUR! MAN I NEED TO START OVER ON A SETUP. WHAT SPUR DO U USE ON THE CAR. WHAT SETUP WOULD U SAY TO USE ON AN OUTDOOR TRACK???
Are you still running the motor support under the motor? If so take that out. I think this is the leading cause of stripped spurs. As you have hard landings the chassis pushes up on the motor and messes up the spur gear.

I run the 43 on my car right now but that is because I run the 2100 on 3S and am running some pretty call cars. (20/43) I would stick with the 45 unless you are putting big pinions on your car.

For outdoor I would start with the kit setup and then tune from there. The kits setup is basically a nitro setup which should be good for outdoor. Without actually driving on a real 8th scale track yet with this car I don't have a baseline yet for real outdoor.

T&D-- A lighter front sway bar will add steering and make the rear end more loose. I like the extra front pack going to 55 pistons gave me. The stiffer rear springs, oil and sway bar made the rear end more consistant for me and allowed the rear end to rotate for the tighter tracks I run at. These "E" cars have a bit more weight in them with 4S setups then the nitro guys so we are going up in oils and springs to compensate. Does not hurt to give it a try. Swaybars are pretty easy to swap out if you don't like it and they give them to you in the kit so it is a no cost change. Don't be afraid to try stuff. That is the only way to learn.