View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Korey Harbke
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dog Bone
Korey,

Regarding your Exotek chassis setup for medium grip carpet (as posted here
) would you suggest any different settings for 13.5/17.5?

I showed this setup to a prior Cyclone team driver who recently defected to Associated (!), and he indicated that the indicated droop settings (9/10mm to center of the hinge pin) were more for mod where breaking is used a lot more than when using 13.5/17.5 BL motors.

Comments?
I can see where he is coming from. Weight gets thrown around a lot more on a car in modified, so running that droop setting limits the amount of travel the car has, reducing the weight transfered as well. In spec racing classes, there isn't quite as much... so one may think to run a lower setting. Personally, my setups from mod to modern day spec racing are pretty similar. Spec racing classes are so fast now, the setups carry over well from modified. Thats just my opinion though.

For me, running a higher setting (like 10 front, 9 rear) keeps the car more stable and thats the main reason why I did that. When I got too aggressive with my car and it had a lower setting (like 9 front and 8 rear) it became unstable in the middle of the corner.

Just need to give it a try and see what works best for you!

-Korey