R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Tabushi
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im wih you ... but one thing is for sure, current .21 engines on SPEC list are mainly OFFROAD engines. Novarossi its suppose to launch an engine "made for" GT Class "ONROAD", so obviously people spec more power over a "spec" engine ... come on ... SPEC for offroad engine and offroad its not the same, rpms ranges, line of power, etc are not the same ...

For me, GT Class have to remain on the offroad side of engines to be used, even on OPEN class ... where even if you buy the more expensive engine for offroading, will not be a humoungous difference in power v/s a cheaper one, but in onroad world its quite difference ...

Just my $ .00002

Pato

Originally Posted by JLock
I have a question. Why is there this big push to add this new 3-port Novarossi engine to the spec engine list? Since GT1 is open to run any engine, you can buy it and run it in that class all day long. But again, why the big push to muscle it into the spec listing? RB products, which also makes two good 3-port engines (Sport 10 and Junior 9), are similar in price to the Novarossi with similar specs and anyone can make an argument to include them as well. Dynamite has about 6 more engines that could be included to the listing that fit the spec engine criteria. In my opinion, the big push for including just the Novarossi will start the bitching game of why an engine that someone else is more comfortable using that meets the current spec engine criteria is not on the list. A decision needs to be made, either add the engine to the list now or wait until next year and add it when the listing will probably need to be re-evaluated and updated anyway due to engines being discontinued, current list engines being updated, or new ones being introduced to the market. All of this back and forth about including this engine is getting old.