R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LRP SXX StockSpec ESC
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Govert
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Akudou
Guess there is still no answer to the cogging problem on MK3 utilising the Orion 11.5T pro stock motor.

Femca ISTC 2010 Brunei is just 4 days away and thats the only approved stock motor for Femca as Orion are the sponsors. Most of the guys including myself who used this motor has cogging problems, even worst than the mk2. The mk2 shock me due to its power when i first tested it but cogs a lil after a few laps and thats why i changed to mk3. fdr have been tested from 5.0 to 9.0 and its still there.

I also rewind back the thread and not only the orion has problems with the mk3 but a few other brands too have similar problems but with moving the sensor or opening up the motor, it will help but how do we solve the problem where the handout motor is the same motor that causes cogging on the mk3? Stock class handout motor means they will be sealed and no modification allowed.

From mk2 i loved the power on the motor on team power, SP, etc. But spending twice to run it for this upcoming race on this 14th May, its gonna concern me and cost me some more money to get an extra esc which will cope with the orion. Tekin and Xerun is running very well with it but then i am a fan of LRP engineering and proud to say BLUE IS BETTER but with this cogging goin on, its gonna embarrased me alot.

Most of the Stock class drivers here are depending on the mk3 but its giving us a big headache here.

So please LRP, is there anyways to solve this problem within 4 days for the upcoming Femca ISTC Brunei 2010 EP race?
Since you are using an Orion motor, I would like to know which version it is. Is it an Orion Vortex Pro Race version? 2009 version I believe...

Spoke to Jilles yesterday at the track and he took my Orion pro motor and showed me the timing indicator isn't correct/accurate. The right timing amount for 0 degrees would be if the sensor plug is aligned with your solder tab 'B'. If you set it at that value, that would be 0 degrees timing. If I remember it correctly, you need to turn the endbell clockwise to get it into the right direction...

Not sure if this solves your problem, but this might help...

Edit: Also bear in mind that the timing direction is opposite to Speed passion for instance...More timing with a Speed Passion means less timing on an Orion motor...