R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic E4 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 08:12 PM
YoDog
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
I'm very interested I will ask brian I think his dad has one. Are you going to make it at the Visalia Car Show Race this weekend it should be a blast.
I'm planning on it.

you know I was thinking about the front wheel vibration issue you wrote about and my E4 does the same thing. There is some weird oscillation that is induced by the universals and having the wheels mounted magnifies the vibration. I tried it with wheels and tires, with just bare wheels, thinking it was a balance issue (it's not) and without any wheels mounted. the problem does not appear to be a mechanical interference but just a vibration that gets worse with something mounted larger than the hub.
This is a real problem as I have noticed that the car sometimes spins out under acceleration and I can hear a distinct "rattle" sound as it starts to loose grip. I think the sound I hear is actually from this vibration and not a belt skipping or the rear diff slipping. If anybody has found a solution to this oscillation, please share your findings. I will do the same.