R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 05-09-2010, 06:14 PM
JR007
Tech Master

Having some trouble setting up my car. I took it for it's first run at the track yesterday and it wasn't tooo flash. I'd say 50% my driving style (still race TC), 20% rear tyres are too hard, and 30% bad set-up.
I'm racing outdoor asphalt (large nitro track), medium grip, no additive allowed, 13.5 2cell Lipo.
The first thing, how do I add front droop? I have almost zero now, and I think i'm 3-wheeling around corners causing me to hook and spin.
I'm running a 200mm chassis, with kit set-up and the following:

Front:
6mm ride height
Red spring
5deg caster
1 deg camber
Jaco purples
No droop!

Rear:
7mm ride height
White side spring
10,000 weight damper tubes
17lb middle shock spring
AE 35weight oil
Jaco Pinks
About 1mm droop

Need a bit of help with hooking when coming out of corners. Entry and mid-corner turning is fine, destabilizes when I put of power unless i'm dead-flat out of a turn (most of that is driving style I guess)

Also, i'm running the diff pretty loose, like if I jam the throttle it will grind it's ass off. That helped the handling a LOT.

BTW, i'm the only one at the club with 1/10 pan, so no help available, trying to get a new class going