R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC
Old 05-07-2010, 10:13 PM
pdelcast
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Has Castle set a release date for the ver2 MMP?

I do agree with several others on this thread that Castle should be monitoring this thread more. I'm sure they have a few support people that could look over the thread at least once a day and provide comments. It does not take that long. Good ideas are brought up by users and could be used in future firmware updates.

Major issues are also discussed between users before someone may go directly to support, like brakes. There’s no reason the brakes could not be better with this controller.

I started this thread so by no means am I dumping the use of my MMP it would just be nice if some of these issue would be fixed a little quicker.
JUST BECAUSE I DON'T POST EVERY DAY, doesn't mean I don't read this forum at least once a day. (I'm in China right now, and still reading the forums!!)

Sheesh...

For those using 100% punch control -- wtf are you thinking? That would be extremely undrivable.

We give you a couple ways to control your throttle -- 1. throttle curves (dial in a little expo in the curve maybe??) 2. Punch control (but don't just go from 0% to 100% and think it will be more drivable! Use some sense and dial it in a little at a time!)

Between those two, you should be able to customize your drivability completely -- All speedos use the same methods -- throttle curves (some are preset -- our is 100% customizable) and throttle response control (we call it "punch control".)

Now, if you want to see something different -- let me know WHAT you want to see. Saying something like "This speedo is undrivable at 100% punch control" is just saying "I don't know how to dial in a speed control"

And yes, we are continuously working on new software -- so if you want something -- ASK FOR IT, BE SPECIFIC, and if it's an bug or other specific bad behavior, tell us how to recreate it. Don't just bitch -- that doesn't help solve the issue.

Done ranting...

Patrick