R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Your input on the problem?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Shuming
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Traxxas520
I just recently bought a used traxxas Nitro evader from a friend. It has a new engine with new piston and sleeve. When i first tried getting the engine running, there was fuel everywhere and it seemed to be leaking from the carborator. The first thought was there was a bad o ring in the carb, but that was replaced. The fuel leaking has stopped, but the engine still wont stay running. my hobby store is now saying that i need a new engine. Are they just trying to make more money off of me or what? brand new piston, and sleeve. new o rings in the carb. does anyone have any ideas? I really dont think i need a new engine.
First you brought it used. Second how do you know the engine was "new"? A brand new piston and sleeve dont account for bearings, seals, cracks, leaks, conrod, crank, and the carb itself. if you are absolutly sure that it is not leaking, then it could be a clutch issue, or just tuning. Now i for one has been around the block a couple times, I trust my LHS. He would not sell me something i dont need. And if for some strange reason I dont know what the problems is ( that NEVER happens, I know EVERYTHING ) he will explain to me in detail why it needs to be replaced. But on the upside, if you buy a NEW engines, you KNOWits new.