R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - blue thunder race fuel.
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 05:27 PM
dreaux
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default blue thunder race fuel.

Got laid off this past week so my buget is really tight, (non exsistant really). So i thought i would save some money and get blue thunder 20% rather then the oddonnel 30%.

i cannot begin to tell you had bad this fuel is. My buggy would barely idle first of all, and after i got it warmed up and drop the hammer it would continualy flame out mid throttle (keep in mind all my motors and clutches are in great shape) and run like complete garbage. Almost like there was no pipe on it at all.

so thinking my motor or bearings had a leak, i tested the front bearing. Not the bearings. So i knew my motor was good cause i just raced it last weekend. So i figured it was the glo plug. Nope. fuel tank and fuel lines? nope. Changed piped 3 times! Nothing. So i Went and got another motor (my best one actually), same thing. Ran like complete garbage. then i thought 20%? I will remove a head shim. Improved SLIGHTLY, but my buggy was still looking like it was driving in sand. The fuel is the only common denominator in all this.

So i figured maybe i should shake the fuel up, this crappy fuel probably been sitting there for 50 years or something. Nope just ran like doo doo.

blue thunder= worst fuel EVER! worse then traxxas by far. And that says alot.

does anyone like blue thunder? did i just get a bad batch full of water or something?

I dont' wont to bad talk a product. But i have been beating my head against the wall all day and need to vent.

i will tell you this. If i have to put my wife on the corner, i will. If that is what it takes to get good fuel!!