R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 12:50 AM
FREAKAH
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TryHard
Otherwise, car went together pretty well given it was built trackside on sunday/monday... Think total dremel time was only 20mins As for the ontrack performance, did feel pretty good, in all bar two sections... Kept snapping round due coming off power, but I've put this down to a combination of rubbing issues, and running drag brake on the speedo accidently! Otherwise, felt very smooth into the turns, and seemed to rotate suprisingly well. Tbh, didn't get enough clean runs in to form too much of an opinion, but the other cars going round also looked good, and setting competitive times compared to the BTCC times from the day before

Regards
Ed

You can get rid of alot of drag by doing some work on the bearing eccentrics. Wiith the diff, bearings and O-ring installed, you might find that when you spin the diff it won't spin as freely as it should. This is because there is no side play in the assembly and the O-ring is putting tension on the inner bearing race. All you need to do to the eccentric is to remove some material from the inner part of the bearing recess, where the bearing outer race sit's up against. You can scrape material off with a flat blade hobby knife, or what I did was I used a 3/4 in. Dremel sanding disc attatched to an arbor and chucked in a drill and with slow speed just work the sanding disc into the corners of the bearing recess. Remove only enough material to get a very small amount of side play, just enough so the diff spins freely. The bearings are 1/2"X3/4" so the sanding disc fits perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	022.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	589321