R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Spdjunky
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Referencing my posts below, these are reasons that manufactures should use a system to label their parts.
If the rx's were coded, you could easily tell if yours had been updated or not.

The most common method of labeling as most of us know is a number system on a sticker.
Another common method in manufacturing, is to use invisible ink. Often invisible ink is used to print the Julian date, assembly line, etc on that part. This way it is easier to diagnose a problem from a pissed off employee working overtime (lol), bad supplier, wrong software etc.
A common black light will pick up all the information Try taking a black light to the side seam on most aerosol cans.
This is also used on circuit boards to see if they were tampered with

Having a system like this on the Motors, esc, rx's etc, would allow everyone to be more informed as to what changes were made and when. I just found out today, my less than 2 month old Tekin 4030 1700 kv motor had an old rotor in it that 'exploded'. There is now a newer style. Thanks to Randy and Corey I am now having a replacement sent to me.
If these changes and updates were listed on a site, the end user could help diagnose their own problem. (Maybe thats good, maybe bad lol)

Last edited by Spdjunky; 05-05-2010 at 07:50 PM.