R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 06:28 PM
goose510
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
Unfortunately, after running the RS/RS Pro for a couple of years, reading pretty much this whole thread, and having a couple dozen racers running them under my care, I have yet to see or hear of a problem like yours.

Don't take that as meaning you don't have a legitimate problem -- somebody's got to be first. Just that some other issue is more likely to be the culprit.

What exactly happened to the batteries, under what conditions? Did they both behave & fail in a similar manner? What's the whole story?
Pretty much I had ran the batteries before on a spx 13.5 combo before several times with no problem. I installed a tekin rs 17.5 system and had one day of practice on it before the day this happened. I charged and stored my lipos as I always do. A week went by I checked my lipos in the morning on Sunday in preparation for some club racing. I run the first qualifier and during warm up it was fine. In the middle of the race I noticed the car was really show and could not feel the boost kicking in. I didn't think anything of it. I pulled the car off and took off the shell on my car to realize that my thunderpower lipo had puffed up. It literally tore the sticker on the seem from puffing so much. I checked my temps when I pulled the car off and it was around 160. Went to run a second heat and in the warm up felt the same lack of power pulled it off to see my second lipo was also puffed up. I always monitor my lipos when charging and both were fine before I put them in my tc to run the qualifiers. I have thoroughly checked my charger and it charges just fine. Does not overcharge at all. Which is why I am at a loss when trying to figure out whats going on. The esc is the only other explanation.