R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GRP Orange Head Tuned 21 Engine
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 08:59 AM
shady3031
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

First off let me say that the Tuned GRP line is probably one of the best motors ever! Loved all 6 of them that I had. Now let me say to treat the connecting rod with care-i always heated mine before I started it, even after it had 5 gallons or so through the motor. The connecting rod is your week link in that motor.
As for a plug I always ran 097T and they last forever and at $5 a piece-can't beat it.
If you are using the 2053 pipe with the motor one thing is when tuning the hsn, you never really want it sound like its peaked its rpm (its kind of hard to explain, but you want it to sound like its still climbing and hasn't peaked yet) if it sounds like its peaked its a little to lean on the hsn.
Most of your tuning will be with the lsn side. Remmeber the engines like to run cool, 200 is gonna be pushing it. Rarely did I see any of my 6 run 200 unless the it was over 100 ambient or lots of wheelspin.
These motors are so smooth it is unbelievable, I switched to a Plus4 for the same reason and so far so good.

The os 2060 is a little better pipeset but the 2053 is good.

Hope this helps, just take your time as they tune a little different, and another thing have you changed your engine bearings yet, rarely did I see a set of bearings last more than 2 gallons no matter what was done. Pickup some TKO's and you are golden