R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 07:22 PM
alana07
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Ok I just checked my radio and throttle is on forward, not reverse. Just to confirm you setup the system as follows...

Radio on and EPA set to MAX, also check brakes are at 100%.

Plug in ESC to reciever and battery.

Hold down set button and turn on... Release button as soon as green light starts to flash.

With throttle in neutral press the set button (red light flashes twice)

With throttle at full throttle press set button (red light flashes twice)

With throttle at full brake press set button (red light flashes twice)

The ESC should then return to a solid green light only. The light will turn off as soon as you lightly touch the throttle or brake and come on again at full throttle or full brake.

If this is all working fine check the wiring to your motor. Its very easy to have a sensor cable not quite plugged in correctly or even motor wires backwards.
thanks for your reply here, and my esc is setup and wired as according to what u written here. i sent a couple of emails to Max of Teamwave yesterday and after some mail exchanges, he suggested setting the lipo cutoff to either value 3 or 4 (i'm at value 1 which is cutoff at 6.4v).
so last night i tried out his suggestion by reducing the lipo cutoff value from 6.4 > 6.2 > 6.0, all these didnt managed to work out. finally i disabled the lipo cutoff and voila the esc can now work with tx, solid green led at neutral and full throttle and full reverse. but i dont understand why i have to disable the lipo cutoff in order for the esc to work properly with my Sanwa tx. it really defeats the purpose of having the lipo cutoff function then. is there a bug in the software or something like that? thanks again.