R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why does everybody dislike Corally?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 01:02 PM
speedxl
Tech Elite

steve i guess it me that everyone is going to attack now, look the 12 scale cars are good i didnt say that they didnt perform well i know they are good cars because i race against most of the corally usa guys here in florida all i mentioned was you have to dump another hundred dollars on the car to get it to where they have thiers.
a new rear pod center shock, dampner tubes and i believe a new t-bar and a few other odds and ends. why? is it that difficult for them to put a kit together for the people that includes all the stuff they need, this is the primary reason i wont get the car, i drive an associated based car the quad 12 and the reason for the conversion is becasue i have enough parts and the availability to get more where ever i go. with out having the need to keep 400 bucks of spare parts.
which the main reason people dont get the car look i know corally is small
but if you dont get a strong network of distributers no one is going to run the car.
as for the touring car i referd to the c4 chassis which stunk because it wasnt designed for this market i was there and the stuff these guys went through was pure torture. they did and tried everything cutting,hacking and mixing parts off of other cars to get them somewhere drivable.
the new assasin is a different beast mike bruce runs the car down here and does well with it but still the fact the parts cost more maintanence is pain in the arse to do and availability is still hard to deal with the point here is not that of the cars its plain and simple! the real problem is people dont want a car thats a pain in the as$ to set up difficult to buy parts for and not an arm and a leg for parts. look its a plain fact the american consumer is spoiled and we all know thats a fact. i enjoy competition esspecially when i look at the postings of the a main at a race and see that no one chassis is dominating and if it is now we all know that yes certain teams have a better rouster then others but still at this point here in the U.S they need to come up with something like xray did that it attracted alot of people WHY ? corally needs to do some reaserch and see what makes people buy the other cars and not thies, where is the problem and what needs to be done to correct it.
they got a promising car to work with they need to develop it into a winner and listen to their U.S drivers because i know they gave suggestions and they didnt want to listen what they had to say because the mind set in europe is that we dont know anything about racing and that europeans are better.
and guess what they arent.
like i said they have a good product but they need to figure out what does it take for people to want ! key words are what does it take!
this is my opinion guys dont hammer me its not a personal thing! its just how i see things it may not be right but its what i have seen.