R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car
Old 05-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KostaG
Hi, I also just recently picked up a 966e. Do you find that you are limited with 4S? I remember earlier in this thread that it seemed 4S was not the way to go for heat and current issues.

What I was planning on running in my 966e was:
-Lipo saddle pack (compatible with my B44)
-Castle 2650 motor.

Thanks,
Kosta
Don't give up yet...go to the previous page and take a look at the video that I posted from the Japanese driver that used the 4S by Venom on his 966e and I personally think the speed is really up to par with the NITRO version. Probably not going to last too long (6-7 minutes top) but I think the 4S with 2650kv type of motor is working out pretty good.

I have another friend that is working on the Motonica 4S version running LRP 2500 system....will wait for his report.

The Serpent 966e kits only allow 4S saddle packs conversion. If you want to run 6S, you has to do some custom work in order to get that work. To be honest, I think 4S and 6S both work....if you are running 4S, you need the fast motor and you really going to WORK (squeeze) the batteries and the motor hard. If you are using 6S, you have to use a slower motor and let the extra voltage and WORK the slower motor/batteries hard.

I think both works fine...but if I have to choose 1, I will try 6S scheme first, simple because using the higher voltage, I can get to the speed that I want faster and it is more efficient on the speedo, motor and batteries...if using 4S, I have to squeeze out every drop of everything.