R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho DBX problem
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 12:11 PM
dmakrc
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default LSN

Same issues i had as i'm a newb. I found out i was running rich, which will cause the issues you are experiencing. Returned everything to factory EVEN the idle.
Left my HSN alone and worked on my idle / LSN. My LSN ended up about 3.5 turns out from close. The idle, i had to remove the air filter and physically look at the idle setting.
I think the 5mm is too much, it should only be about 1-2mm and then adjust ur LSN accordingly. I put mine to 1mm and slowly set the LSN richer to maintain my idle. This is counter intuitive as you would think that more gas = better idle / less stalls. This however overloads the carb similar to flooding your engine.
Once you start it, rev the engine a few times (lift wheels off ground) to bring engine to temp so it won't stall. If it stalls immediately, still too rich.
When you maintain a good idle, read your temp, it should be about 150 - 175. This reading will depend on your cold plug, your nitro, air temp, etc. Im running cold plug + 30% Byrons Fuel. Then you can start to slowly lean it out by turning it in "1hr" increments. Remember, it takes a few seconds for the engine to run ur new setting so adj, be patient, throttle.
Once you get ur LSN done, THEN you can repeat the process for your HSN.