R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC
Old 05-04-2010, 11:52 AM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hmm, personally, I'm loving this ESC at the moment!

This weekend was at Mendip for the BTCC, and I have to say, it was faster than the Tekins, and deffiently up there with the GM's. With a 10.5, some of the top mod guys were having difficulty getting by on the straight.. top end really was that far behind, but took longer to get there

Have now found a setup I'm really happy to run with, as follows;

Start RPM; 15,200
End RPM; 30,900
ESC Timing; 35°
Start Power; Medium
Punch Control; 0-10%
FDR; 6.89
Motor; X12 10.5t
Motor insert; -10° (oooo)
Motor temp; ~80°C
Drag Brake; 0%

Honestly, the car was a rocket... I'm absolutely convinced that this will run with the best this year... and there is still a little left to play with

Rob, I honestly think your little hesitation is coming from the punch control.. there's been a noticeable difference between me and Steve when we ran 10 and 25% respectively... I shudder to think what its like with 100%!
I have noticed sometimes it doesn't calibrate properly if you have put the brakes up to 100% of travel before calibrating, same with the curve needs to be zero. I'm on about 85% brake on stick going round the track (100% in the software), and still get a little wobble on in hard braking areas..

Regards
Ed