R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Protoform M56 200mm nitro sedan body
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 04:37 PM
DS Motorsport
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
I have nevery run an altis, but I can tell you the roofline and rear are noticably different. This body also has the small rear wing supports to keep the wing from flexing downward at high speed.

It is a really good body.
I know quite a bit about aerodynamics, especially how it applies to racing cars.

The front and the cab basically determine how a body handles on our cars.
If I look at the front and the cab of this body I immediately think of the Altis.

The rear and the sides don't do much for a body, for the rear/bootlid your only objective is to make it flex as less as possible to maximize wing performance. The bootlid can also be used to create downforce but the only body who has that is the Xceed A5 if I'm not mistaken.

I would also like to know why they didn't use the same side windows as they used on the R5N, this was a great feature of that body if you ask me. Greatly reduces drag.

Btw. the little holes on the wing sides, endplates, are they actual holes or are they just unpainted?.
If they are actual holes this sucks because I've been running something similar for a while and was planning to post some pictures in the body thread, but now Protoform has caught me out on that part.