R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 10:47 AM
PitNamedGordie
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by double_green
Hi guys,

I just completed my 416x build and had a quick setup question. I'm setting up my ride height and noticed that only on the front the shock collars are not even left to right. My car is balanced left to right and from what I can tell everything is built according to the manual. My concern is that the spring rate will be off as the driver side spring is compressed slightly more then the passenger side.

Driver side:
Attachment 588185

Passenger side:
Attachment 588187

I do not have this issue with my TB Evo 5 MS. All 4 suspension have an even amount of spring compression to achieve the desired ride height. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

-John
First things first...what is the length of each of your shocks? Make sure they are all equal. Also, did you make sure you have the blue springs up front and the yellows in the rear. If you have them mismatched that could also be a cause of why you need to have one side screwed down more than the other. The only other thing I can think of is you have one suspension arm reversed...each side of the arm has the mounting position further in or out depending on which side you use. This can be easily overlooked when you are building the kit