R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI DB10R!!!
Thread: BMI DB10R!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 05:40 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

first of all I donīt think the Sophia is very good outdoors. I personally have not tried GT style bodies until now, but I have seen other driver using the Sophia at a low traction track and in the end anything other was better then the Sophia.
If you want staying with GT style bodies I would go with the Corvette or maybe with the Mulsanne also. Beside that the Carson Pro10 style body seems working pretty good, thatīs also what Iīm using.

Regarding your setup I think the saddlepack batteries at the rear will result in moore steering. From what I read until now regarding BMI cars moving the weight toward the front will reduce steering a little and the car should be easier to drive.

Next thing are the thick CF flexplates. Maybe this is too much but I donīt know as I donīt have them. Iīm using the thin ones switching between long and short position depending on the track.
Maybe someone (Jason) could explain the difference at the track between the thick and thin CK flexplates. Until now I didnīt find any comment on this.
Especially I would like to know if the short position on the thin flexplates is similar to the long position on the thick flexplates or maybe the difference is larger.