R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Down siding jumps
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 11:14 PM
GSMnow
Tech Addict

I ran the club race tonight, UGH!!

I finally got a pretty good line for the triple - double area, and even made a couple passes in there, but the back side double hung me out a few times, and I just could not get through the table top off of the big sweeper very well. I am coming in so fast off the sweep, I have to scrub off speed, but then the car goes out of my view for a tiny section, and I chicken out and turn in too late because I was waitint to see the nose of the car come up the hill. I tried going left firther on the driver's stand, but then I had a heck of a time seeing the 180 - 180 before the pit straight.

My best series of laps were in the main as I was finally getting a bit of a feel for the track. I was back to nineth on the first lap, but over the course of 5 laps got it back up to 6th, but I messed up. When the leader came around to lap me, the 3 I had passed, made it through with him, I thought they were 2nd through 4th guys, but instead I gave up the positions, I let them by easy. Oh well. I did manage about 5 laps in the 22's which was my goal. Too bad, I gave up 2 28's and a 30 letting through traffic I should have been racing. I didn't make any big driving errors, only went wide onto the loose dust about 3 times, and I just could not get rolling on that stuff, I spun the car out with just 1/4 throttle. Blue groove has a ton of grip ON LINE, but if you get off line you are hosed. I ran the nice soft bald tires which work great on line. When I got off the line, I might as well been on grease.

I never got around to accelerating between the jumps, I just gave it enough trigger to level the car on the down side of the triple, and held it there to the double and it was just about right to downside the double into the left hand 180. I did get brave and try and accelerate the following short chute, but it hung my in the dust going into the 90 up the hill too often. The good line was very tight on the insdie fo that right hander. Very few managed to downside the back double.

I am not going to run the JBRL, I was just too slow overall to feel good about it. It was fun running with some of the top runners, but I am not in their league. My car is right there on power and grip, but my skills are rusty when it comes to a course like this. I will need many more hours of track time to trust where I can push it without getting into trouble.