R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Engine problems,need opionions
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 07:06 PM
zixxer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
Ok guys i have an issue

Last time i went out on my Nova +4 it sounded like the rear bearing was going, i was trying a 9901 pipe and i was told it makes it sound bad so i wasnt to worried, i ran all day, even a 30 min main no flame outs, but when i came home i wanted to make sure so i went back to 9853, the sound was still there, i also went 3 glow plugs within 30 min, figured the bearings went bad even tho i just changed them a gallon ago. I tore it apart today, looked at the bearings, o rings, and p/s. Bearings are great, o rings are great no tears, and the piston and sleeve have no scarring of any sorts. the internals actually look good for the amount of fuel that has on them.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea what could be the issue, i know its hard to do this online thats why im trying to get ideas. I dont think there is an air leak anywhere, orings are great shape. The only thing i can think of is this engine doesnt have much compression at all, it does have some but not much, would this cause flame out? my temps are about 190-210, its always been that cold from day one. if i can get ideas that would be great i can give any more detail that you want
i would go with what monty said ..also i mean if it doesnt have compression it doesnt have compression ..thats never good in relationship to flaming out and motors running right ...if everything else looks good ..shoot alan an email ...his pinches are on time ...and he can also idle a few tanks back through it on the bench to get it ready ....on the wrist pin ...i have a 215k that has the exact problem monty is speaking of ..needs a new rod and pin and clips ....