R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Sith Lord
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Great news about the upcoming updrages!

I'm a new user and had my first outing last week with the RB-S (with LRP X11 17.5 Motor). FDR 6.18 with rollout of approx 30mm. I race in Australia, on carpet (foam tyres) which I believe would be described as Medium grip. (Low grip compared to US carpet, but high grip compared to Ashphalt/Rubber tyres - apparantly)

Anyway, our track is tight and technical with about a 25m straight. I started of with I believe low settings:

Turbo x 1, TimeShift - 5, Drive - 6: I was SLOW. Motor only at 100F
Increased to: Turbo x 1, TimeShift - 5, Drive - 7: A bit quicker but still driven past easily down the straight.
Increased to: Turbo x 1, TimeShift - 6, Drive - 8:A bit quicker but still driven past easily down the straight.
Then Increased to: Turbo x 2, TimeShift - 7, Drive - 8: Motor up to 144F - I was certainly a lot quicker, holding my own, but as I didn't qualify for the A final I couldn't compare myself to the top guys.

Does this sound right? Cranking all the settings up to the max before I can be competitive, or am I using the settings wrong? Higher rollout/Lower Timeshift. Being an indoor Carpet track that is only open on race nights, it is hard to get in lots of practise.......

If it is normal, do I just have to hope for the upgrades to be competiive with the Tekins at our track?

Cheers. Ian