R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Warpspeed Demon and Demon 2
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 09:28 AM
R.Fenstermacher
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Tri-State Race

Hey everyone sorry its been so long since I posted, but my fianca and I have been saving for our wedding so I haven't been racing much.The last time I raced before this weekend was a month and a half ago at our regional race. I was useing the D2 at the regionals and made the A, but I broke in the main. I tried alot of different setups for the D2 on carpet with foams but couldn't get it to be as good as my D1. So for the Tri-State Race this weekend I switch back to the D1. I found a good setup in practice but when the races started the traction had come up and I was on the verge of traction rolling. By the third qual. I found a awesome setup and was on pace to qualify about 6th and this one guy from Atlanta wouldn't let me by (I won't mention his name) and when I did try and pass him he put me in the wall. So I ended up in the B. At the begining of the race I got a good start and managed to take the lead. I had about a 5 secound lead when I got taken out by lap traffic. That put me back to forth. But the anocer said I was in third with secound right in front of me. I caught up to the guy in front of me and passed him, after exchanging possitions every other turn (wich was very fun). When I went across the finish line I thought I was in secound getting ready to pass lap traffic, but the guy who finished 5 tenth of a secound ahaid of me was actually in secound. So I finished third. I had alot of fun this weekend even with all the bad luck. By the third qualifier the car drove like a dream. Once our wedding is over in July I'll be able to spend more time racing and going to big events again. I can't wait!!! Sorry it was so long.