R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Down siding jumps
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 11:18 AM
MotoGod
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
This is a lesson of slow is fast. HRH has been making there track for SC trucks for good reason. They are super popular out there. You need to learn to slow down for the jumps. Like others have stated down siding is much faster and I know this is what you are trying to do. Even though it feels slow driving the track as it is layed out is the almost always the fastest way around and trying muscle your way around just hurts lap times. Slow down and try and be smooth and in control. Use the power were you can and back it down for the rest of the track. It may not ultimately be as "fun" as going as fast as the car will go but if you are looking at improving your lap times, slowing down is the key. The triple double section looks like it may be hit the triple and roll through the double into the corner. Let the momentum from the triple take you over the double and then turn around and go up the hill. I will have dirven the track until this sunday but seeing the pics I can see where you are having issues. Slow and smooth will produce the best lap times on a track like this. It looks like a ton of fun!
or turn the triple + double into a quintuple! lol eBuggies have the torque for sure. I like my eBuggy because it's not a Nitro and I can make more amazing combinations out of jumps due to the instant power. Sure my Truggy has enough sack to clear a triple + a double....if you give me a 50 foot runup on it. eBuggy needs 5 feet. HELLO...new combo ;-)

I think the eBuggy is fun for making creative selections on my local track. Not always following the track the way it was intended, but at the same time if you can't do a weird combo in a SMOOTH fashion...it's not worth doing so all the same principles apply. Be smooth...get fast. Don't be afraid to try other lines though. Maybe you can quad it and roll the last one....or double and then triple. All sorts of options depending on your layout.