R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TeamNovak (U.S Vintage Trans-Am)
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 06:52 AM
pejota
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

We're testing the 25.5 in Palm Bay, Florida for the VTA rules change in September.

TC3 with Havoc/25.5 combo direct from Novak. Currently using a 4.68 FDR.

Nothing but good times so far. Our track is tight and technical, 80x32 on concrete. So the 25.5 is a great match for this type of track at the FDR I'm using. Car has great kick out of the corners. Speed is a little slow at the end of the 80 foot back stretch, but drafting is encouraged and works! My buddy overshot the sweeper at the end of the straight because of the draft!

Some might argue that this combo is slow. Well, yes it is. However, my driving experience is much more enjoyable now because i can actually think about my lines and focus on driving. We also run RCGT and those speeds are too fast for the newer drivers. I like to think i'm fairly adept at driving, but at those speeds, i feel like i'm holding on for dear life and one bobble is going to screw up the entire run. At 25.5 speeds you can bang some doors and stay on the track.

We're also thinking of using the 25.5 with the VTA rules to run a Vintage Oval program.

Like ElliotCanada writes, Two thumbs up from www.bearrc.com