R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Front Wheel Drive Rules Proposal
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 03:49 AM
junn
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default FF03

I myself am a scale freak. I enjoy watching full scale touring cars and i reckon the body should be realistic.

The main focus of any class should be not only fun and competitive but also to attract new members to the hobby. IF you go out there to "Cheque book race" the sport wont grow. If somebody came up to you asked you how much to get started with a fully hopped up car and you said a $1000 dollars - they might as well get into go kart racing - and the sport of rc car racing loses again.

In my club we race standard cars - M03 with the only hop up being a ball race kit, standard tamiya esc, tamiya tyres and up until now the battery was capped at 1500nicad - and this is the biggest class in our club why? because its fun to watch and it cost $300 to buy a car ready to race. Its by far the most enjoyed race by spectators

Now i agree about keeping the cars standard if there were a FWD class and realistic bodies so that onlookers can say "wow theres a civic, or theres a Volvo 850 blah blah" instant interest which sometimes equals new members - we all win!!!!

Tamiya has always been onto it with their marketing and i can guess FWD will take off again like F1 did when they rereleased the F103 - they know what theyre doing - stay tuned for more bodies