R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - "Thump-8" 4 stroke 1/8th scale engine
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 09:22 PM
Victor93
Tech Rookie

Default Converting an OS FS40 to the car version

Recently I noticed that some large online vendors have OS four stroke .40 parts for the car version of that engine. Parts I have found are camshaft, valve set, valve springs and complete cylinderheads. I have thought about purchasing a used FS40 airplane version and installing the FS40 car version of a new camshaft, carburator, intake, valve setup and possible a whole cylinder head.

Does the FS40 car version respond well to the improvements that enthusiast have developed for the FS26 car version ? I read thru the thread for the FS26 for cars and some of the developments that I can recall offhand are changing to a two or three needle carburator, straight-short intake, Perry fuel pump regulator, and aircooling fan.

Thumper do you make a flywheel for the FS40 car version ? I think your straight thru cylinder head modification is awsome.

Parts for the FS26 car version are difficult to find now and the FS40 car version engine have been discontinued for several years so I don't think I will be able to find a new engine.