R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 09:03 PM
Besercoe
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troy1x
Ok guys my mini review.

I built the car last night, so far all was good expect a few things.

1. There were four inner hinge pins in the kit one of which was 10mm shorter then the other 3 =(. I still made it work but it looks like I have to order a new set.

2. Next has to be the easy to access spur gear adapter. First I hate those little shims they are a pain. Next you need to run a spur gear with some pretty big holes, these are not for the mounting of the spur gear but to access the motor screws, so you can change pinons. Its also a pain in the butt to remove every time, did it three times and hated it every time.

3. Shock springs - These things are so hard their usable period.

Other then that everything went well, car came together, just have to build the shocks, mount my electronics and figure out weight placement and throw a setup on.

I need to figure out a good spring kit... was thinking of going TA if anyone has any input let me know.

_Troy
Hi Troy

See the 3r reseller or email 3r direct im sure they will repalce the pins.

Spur gear setup, yeah it is a little fiddly, the 3r guys at TITC showed me the easiest way, they flicked the belt off the front pulley, giving you lots of slack to be able to pull out the layshaft etc. Re spur gear i have tried a few and the kit 3racing spur is by far the easiest, as well as very good quality (easily rates with RW and Xenon)

Springs - Word is ther was a packaging error and the incorrect springs were packs in the kit, i believe replacements will be made available, again see where you purchased it from.

Look forward to seeing how you go on the track.