R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - "Ask" Jilles Groskamp Tamiya 416 & 417, Team Orion Motors
Old 04-27-2010, 04:39 AM
sitting duck
Tech Apprentice

Hi Jilles,

My home track is a small technical indoor track with a lot traction.
Since i drove the most on this kind of tracks i am faster then some people on this kind of tracks.
On big outdoor tracks i am a lot slower (0.3s -0.6s) then the same people with the same car and setup and tyres and so on....
So i ame sure that it has to be my driving style, i have already found out that for some corners i have to brake later and harder and also that i was taking my apex to early.
When i do this right then i see that my laptimes already dropping, on big races like last euro's in luxemburg and ets races then i see the full potential of the cars and the thents that i ame slower then that.At the euro's in luxemburg i was doing every qualification 19.2 or 19.1 while you where doing 18.2 sec
I think the thents difference between me and the fastest guys like you is for 90% driving style and for 10% setup and better stuff, wich means i can make for 90% up by just driving better lines,smoother driving,.......

At this point its hard for me to find out what mistakes i am making while you would see it immediately.
I know that i sometimes mis the apex a little bit and make little mistakes that are obvious but i am looking more for the mistakes i make while i think that i am doing a perfect round.

Do you think its a good idea if i make a little video of me driving so you can point out the mistakes so everybody here can learn from it?
What are the most things people are doing wrong without knowing it?
I know i still have to practice a lot but i would be a big help if i would know what to practice on.

Grtzz.