R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 04-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Nova F1 Racer
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
Another great race this weekend!! Held at Jackson raceway, in NJ. 150 entries and we had up to a D-main for the 17.5 class. With so many entries, they decided to run only 2 qualifiers and the mains.

TOP PHOTONS were running very strong all weekend! Spec tires were the Solaris "Hard" compounds. These were my first time using these tires, gotta tell ya they ran excellent, from the warm afternoon to the chilly evening temperatures, they held up really well. Also no sign of blistering like other tires.

I showed up early saturday morning, slapped the Solaris tires on and off to practice! My photon ran great from the start, made some small changes that Larry had mentioned. During practice it was a little hard to tell if the car was really fast because of the open practices and many drivers. So Larry and I said 1st qualifier is gonna tell ya if it was fast. I made sure tires were ready, and the car was squared off without any changes. First round started, and my car was real good and fast! After the first round, i was actually TQ with a 24 6:04.. PRETTY HAPPY but it was still early rounds and traction was gonna change eventually.

2nd round, majority of the faster guys went FASTER! I was surprised to see my TQ got crushed, one racer pulled off a 24 6:00!! Beating me out by 4 sec!! Man how was i gonna pull this off... Spoke with Larry for a minute.. He said "TAKE IT BACK!" funny that he said that! Anther buddy said to just leave it! The race before mine, a racer paced himself up to 25 6:10? probably now pushing me back to 3-4th on the grid. The traction must have gone up! Now it was my turn. From the start the car was great! Traction was up, and i can push the car harder and it stayed consistent!! Racing with Ron in the same last heat of the day. We were switching back and forth for TQ position! pushing the TQ pace to 25 6:06 i think, way faster than the posted TQ! when it was done, Ron had me by less than a 10th...NOW THATS CLOSE RACING!! Ron was also running a TOP PHOTON!

The Final.. from the start. I was in 2nd spot. The first 4 minutes, it was a freight train making it close racing! The leader made a mistake going wide just a bit, i was able to squeeze my car into the opening. Unfortunately he got stuck in a bad spot.. and when the buzzer rang, i crossed the line in first place! WOW!

GOTTA THANK LARRY, JASON FOR THE HELP!!
Thanks for TOP for a great car!!

btw, sorry for the long post!

Arv.

Congrats to Arv, Larry and the rest of the Top racers at Jackson. Arv, any chance I can get your set-up info? I am hoping to be back racing after my stupid trip to France... AUGH!!!