R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF
Old 04-25-2010, 08:40 PM
niznai
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stephenianjames
Guys,

I was just wondering if there would be any interest in reproduction YR-F2 kits in both TC and M-chassis size. I'm looking into the feasibility of producing a limited run of kits, with subtle upgrades to the original design for current technology etc.

If there is enough interest (which I'm hoping there is) I'll do my sums etc on pricing etc.

Cheers,

Steve
That has already been done. I have alloy arms, bulkheads and suspension holders made by an UK company that also makes suspension plates (the upper for front and lower for rear) and chassis plates. It doesn't look like they had too much of a market for these.

C-hubs and hubs rear and front are a straight fit from the YR-4 range of cars.

Upgrading this car is very difficult as the chassis can take Lipo batteries as it is. One area that has not been tackled yet is fitting modern dampers but I am not sure how necesary that would be as I have not tested extensively the original items under competition conditions. The main problem there would be the very limited room available for front damper. The rear can very easily be converted to TRF-style shocks.

A side-by-side saddle-pack configuration as used in the Durango DEX 410 would be the way to go. This would move more weight on the rear whilst creating more clearance at the front for the larger diameter TRF (or similar) shocks. The problem is to find a way to rearrange the top deck supports in such a way as to accomodate the batteries. I am looking into this at the moment as I have just purchased a saddle pack.

Last edited by niznai; 04-25-2010 at 08:53 PM.