R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - is this true
Thread: is this true
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 03:23 PM
skidoos
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!
Your LHS is wrong.. They should idle and idle and idle.. Go to the track on an off day and ask someone for some help, or if you know a few of the better racers ask them for a little help.. They can see what your engine is doing and give you a better analysis of what it needs.. If they tune it for you ask them what they did and why..

I've had guys tune for me before, only to be left wondering why did he do that? It rocks, but why? What did he see that I didn't. ETC ETC..

Your idle is too low, too rich on LSN, or too Lean.. It can be any of those.. Do the pinch test.. Get it running and Pinch the fuel line as close to the carb as possible. If it revs up before 3 seconds then it is too lean. IF it takes longer than 5 seconds it is too rich.. Also, if it revs right at 3-4 seconds, then it is about right and you need to raise the Idle speed..
very true, should idle for ever mine do, i dile mine at least 3 to 4 minutes at the begining of the day, tell ur hobby to get into a new perfession if he told u this