R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Transmission on rustler xl-5
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 05:51 PM
ckblood05
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bschanz
i bet the motor wiggled loose and the gear mesh is too tight. you want your pinion's (motor gear) teeth to not quite bottom out in the spur gear's teeth. (slipper clutch). the old rule of thumb is to put a piece of notebook paper between them and tighten the motor down. roll the gears to get the paper out and run the truck. typically an internal tranny problem will give you performance issues too, not just a clicking noise.

for the wobbling topshaft. i split my tranny and cleaned it out and swapped the bearings and the wobble went away.. that was in my slash.

ben
could be. after the screws came loose, i put the motor back in place. i used red locktite so the screws would not come loose again. well, after i saw there was still a problem, i went to loosen the 2 screws for the motor, and one came out, the other would not. i tried everything. now the head of the screw is stripped.it wont budge! so until i have to get to it, i guess its gonna stay. because i don't want to break the threads in the back of the motor. if i could get that screw out, i would put a new one in and do that with a piece of paper and the slipper clutch.