R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - O'Donnel VS Werks?
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Jason Pelletier
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Schmitty
im not a werks factory guy (id like to be but im not). i own a B5. after the 1 gallon mark ive had nothing but success. fires up every time, holds a tune and get decent runtime in a truggy. it has more than enough power to push any vehicle out there. my only "real" complaint is everyone that owns the motor and has tested various pipes all agree that the werks pipes are the best for this engine. now i understand that a manufacturer would be the best one to produce a pipe for "their" engine but the pipes are $100. if you read on the werks thread on here alot of guys are getting 10-11 mins runtime with the werks pipes. they also claim the b5 is getting up to 8-10 gallons before they start to die. again i do not know about the OD motor.
I have a Werks B5 and i doubt over 10 min in buggy and i doubt any engine will last 8-10 gallons. Maybe 6.

I'll know if this mill is staying in my car or not next sat. So far so good though. i noticed my low end needle was still really rich last race soo.... after a gallon it's leaner and i think in better shape for this next tussle.

My buddy steve got 7th in the a main at hobby hut trphy race. lotta fast guys and only non sponsored dude to take home some buggy hardware. i q'd 9 secs behind him and that put my ass at CQ and thats where i stayed..... blowww outtt !!!

so yea maybe if i had my bottom end right or my brakes right

The b5 has alot of power over my reedy... lots more. My reedy can do 11.5 min rich.

It's a trade off.