R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 04:37 PM
eded1
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
Accepting what Randy says above, why wouldn't I want Turbo with Mod?

If a Mod can rev out on the ratio you have, why wouldn't I add 5 deg turbo on a medium delay to get even more speed on the straight? That would give me options on ratio for tight sections of infield, yet still give me plenty of beans on the straight.

Tekin's piece of wonder-kit gives us all options. I could understand that it gets abused by some, but I don't understand why some options are dismissed because someone says they're not needed. Have those people tried it? We are racers, so we can never have too much power!

Put it this way, until someone did it and proved how good it was, what would you have said if I asked whether I should use turbo with 0.0 delay and then put the rev range up to bring in the timing? "No," I'm guessing! I've tried it, and it works in the right hands on the right track. Why wouldn't a little turbo help make your Mod killer-fast in the right circumstances?

We don't NEED it, but it would work. Just a thought...
The setting I discribe is a good one, because this on our large track the best of two worlds, the car had a big punch and a inredible topspeed and this all within the temp. limits without overheating the engine and without overheating the ESC using no extra cooler.
When you use on this track also the turbo you easely overheat the ESC.
But you could have a point for the use the turbo/mod on a other lay-out.
As you say the use of the tekin ESC has more possibility's then you have time to tray-out.
The forum can save you time if you know the ESC well you can filter the given setup's out to find the right one for your track.
So tray your setting you think they are the best for your track and show them in this great forum.
And to be honest the car wo travelled with the highest speed will not always the winner, the best way to compete in top of the field is the car with the smoothes motor and the highest corner speed, a old story say's you do not need to accelerate if you can go on full throttle throug the corners.
Thanks.
Ed

Last edited by eded1; 04-23-2010 at 04:50 PM.